Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (*)
- PARTIES: This contract is between David and Diana Thompson (“We”, “the Owners”) and the Lead Guest named on the Booking Request Form for holiday accommodation at Pres de la Hure, Rue des Cambrées, Torteval, Guernsey GY8 0LD (“the Holiday Cottage”).
- CONTRACT: We will reserve the requested dates for you for 24 hours from the issue of the Booking Request Form. A contract for the booking (the “Booking”) will come into existence when we receive the deposit payment and accept your booking request by issuing a booking confirmation. The contract binds the Lead Guest and all the Guests. It is the responsibility of the Lead Guest to ensure that all Guests accept the terms of the contract set out in these Terms and Conditions. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract and loss of the Booking.
- PAYMENT: Unless otherwise stated on the Booking Request Form, a deposit of 25% of the rental cost is required to secure the booking and the balance is due and payable six weeks before arrival. If the balance of any rental is not paid by the due date, the booking will be treated as cancelled. Any bookings for an arrival date within six weeks must be paid for in full on booking.
- CANCELLATION: Cancellations must be notified to us immediately by the Lead Guest and must be in writing (by letter or email). You may cancel your Booking at any time, but the following cancellation fees will apply:
Number of weeks prior to arrival Cancellation charge
More than 6 weeks (42 days) Full deposit (*)
Between 3 and 6 weeks 50% of full accommodation cost (*)
Less than 3 weeks 100% of full accommodation cost (*)
* We strongly advise guests to take out a travel insurance policy which specifically covers booking cancellation. This will give you peace of mind that you should get your money back if you need to cancel. In all cases of guest cancellation, if the guest provides evidence that their travel insurance will not refund them and the cottage is successfully re-let, we may make an ex-gratia refund to you up to the value of the re-let, less a £50 admin charge.
- YOUR HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION ONLY: The Holiday Cottage is let as holiday accommodation only and is only to be occupied by the persons named on the attached Booking Form (“You, “the Guests”).
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE: Unless otherwise stated on the Booking Form, access is from 4:00pm on the booking commencement date and you must vacate by 10:00am on your departure date
- PETS: The only pets allowed are small dogs, subject to prior approval.
- NO SMOKING: Smoking in the Holiday Cottage is strictly forbidden at all times.
- CARE OF THE PROPERTY: The Guests will keep the Holiday Cottage and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the Holiday Cottage in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the Booking. The Holiday Cottage must be left in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. Guernsey is a small island with limited waste disposal facilities so it is particularly important to follow the recycling guidelines and use the correct bins / bags provided. Guests must immediately report any damage, breakages or losses occurring during their stay and agree to pay the cost of replacement / repair as necessary prior to their departure.
- CANCELLATION BY OWNERS: If for any reason we have to cancel the booking, including on account of travel restrictions made by the States of Guernsey re Covid-19, we will refund all monies paid for the Booking (or a pro-rata proportion in the case of early curtailment). This will be the full extent of our liability for cancellation and no additional costs, expenses or other compensation will be payable.
- NUISANCE: We reserve the right to terminate the Booking if Guests cause a nuisance to neighbours or are not treating the Holiday Cottage with due respect.
- LIABILITY: We shall not be liable to any Guests for any loss or damage to you or your property however caused.
- COMPLAINTS: In the event of there being any cause for complaint concerning the Holiday Cottage, equipment, furniture or fixtures and fittings the matter should be taken up with us at once. It is important that this is done whilst you are still at the property so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required.
- EMERGENCY ACCESS: We reserve a right of access to the Holiday Cottage by prior notice at any time during the period of the booking for the purposes of emergency housekeeping, repairs, etc.
- SECURITY: When the house is unoccupied all windows are to be shut, external doors locked, and lights turned off (except light in lobby). If windows are left open and we need to arrange a security call out for doors to be locked or windows shut, there will be a minimum security call out charge of £25.00. On your departure please turn off all lights and electrical appliances, turn off the heating boiler, ensure all windows are shut, and all doors are locked.
- SWIMMING POOL: Use of the pool is subject to the “House Rules re Swimming Pool”, which will be provided to you and must at all times be complied with. The Rules include:
– Use of the pool and surrounding area is at your own risk and we accept no liability for any accident, injury or loss, howsoever caused.
– There is no lifeguard and children under 18 must be supervised at all times
– The pool and surrounding area is reserved for the use of resident guests only
– The pool and surrounding area is normally available for use between 9:00 and 17:00 Monday – Friday. In exceptional circumstances pool use may sometimes have to be suspended. These circumstances can include (but are not limited to) water discolouration, equipment failure, or adverse weather.
- MEDICAL INSURANCE: There is no NHS in Guernsey and there is no reciprocal agreement with the UK NHS. All medical and hospital care for visitors to Guernsey is provided privately and is chargeable. We therefore recommend that you have appropriate medical insurance in place.
- PROPER LAW: The law applicable to this Booking shall be the law of the Bailiwick of Guernsey and in the event of any dispute arising over the Booking or these Terms and Conditions the Parties will submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Guernsey.
- COVID-19: If a guest develops symptoms during their stay, the States of Guernsey Public Health requirements must be adhered to: These include informing us immediately, booking a test with Public Health and all guests immediately self-isolating. You acknowledge and agree that if your stay needs to be extended due to a period of self-isolation being required, you will pay weekly in advance for the extended stay at the rate set out in the booking form.
- SELF ISOLATION: During any period of self-isolation in Guernsey, you will at all times comply with the States of Guernsey regulations and restrictions on self-isolation, as from time to time amended (N.b. See https://covid19.gov.gg/support/protect).
- TRACK AND TRACE: If you will be self-isolating during your stay, you must complete the Track and Trace Form provided.
*N.b. Our standard terms and conditions are provided here for information only and may from time to time be amended. The specific Terms and Conditions applicable to your booking will be as per the Booking Request Form provided to you for your signature.